***The event is free and open to all, but registration is essential***
Call for papers:
Everyday Revolutions in Southern and Eastern Europe Call for expressions of interest / early call for papers
Proposed dates: May 18 and 19, 2017
The interdisciplinary conference will focus on phenomena which could be dubbed ‘everyday revolutions’, including but not limited to:
- ‘slow protest’,
- small-scale resistance,
- liberation movements,
- individual acts and actions
Click here for details.
What is JMCE?
The Manchester Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (JMCE) is an interdisciplinary forum for the promotion research and teaching on Europe across The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University.
The JMCE aims to:
- Support research activities, mainly through the funding of conferences and workshops with a European focus.
- Organise events such as a regular seminar series and a high-profile Annual Lecture on Europe.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning, through the funding of innovative teaching-related projects.
- Provide a platform for the interdisciplinary engagement of research students with an interest on Europe.
- Reach out to the practitioner community and the public at large on matters affecting Europe.