- Symposium | Counter-projects in Architecture: Resistance, Struggle, and Recuperation 28 November 2016 10-16:00 The University of Manchester Sackville B004 Council Chamber. For the programme, click here.
- The new calls for funding are open for applications now. They can be found under the ‘Funding’ menu. The deadlines are 1 December 2016.
Call for papers & posters:
The Migration and Families in Europe: National and Local Perspectives at a Time of Euroscepticism (7 – 8 February 2017) conference is now open for submissions of papers and posters that address methods and challenges in researching family migration. For more information please click here.
Call for papers:
Everyday Revolutions in Southern and Eastern Europe Call for expressions of interest / early call for papers
Proposed dates: May 18 and 19, 2017
The interdisciplinary conference will focus on phenomena which could be dubbed ‘everyday revolutions’, including but not limited to:
- ‘slow protest’,
- small-scale resistance,
- liberation movements,
- individual acts and actions
Click here for details.
What is JMCE?
The Manchester Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence (JMCE) is an interdisciplinary forum for the promotion research and teaching on Europe across The University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University.
The JMCE aims to:
- Support research activities, mainly through the funding of conferences and workshops with a European focus.
- Organise events such as a regular seminar series and a high-profile Annual Lecture on Europe.
- Promote excellence in teaching and learning, through the funding of innovative teaching-related projects.
- Provide a platform for the interdisciplinary engagement of research students with an interest on Europe.
- Reach out to the practitioner community and the public at large on matters affecting Europe.